Mayor! Mayor! v1.2 Update Log
April 2, 2018
(Beginning of Log History)
Hello everyone! This is the first update log for Mayor! Mayor! Thanks for reading this. The are a lot of changes with this update. Most of them are bug-related and just general QoL stuff, but there are also several major changes as well. The most notable change is that the 2-cost cities no longer have all of the buildings available to construct. I decided that granting all of the buildings so quickly and in a single map was detrimental to the fun of the game and the challenge behind the different objectives. Read below for the other changes.
- Updated available building lists for Dolina, Amrhein, and Montagne. Previously built buildings that are no longer allowed in those cities have been refunded 1.25 times their original cost.
- Swapped menu locations of Plainsfield and Hillsboro
- Visual Update made to Hotel and Hospital so that it is less confusing that their "road" doesn't count as an actual road.
- Updated Neighborhood so that it only requires a road on one side and only connects to the road on that side. This change was also made to avoid confusion around roads being on building tiles.
- Added a building count to the objectives list for objectives that require a certain number of buildings so users do not have to count themselves.
- Updated effect description text for Arcade and Bank to better reflect the buildings they truly effect.
- Changed Bus Station so that it gains earnings for all other Bus Stations but can not be placed within 5 spaces of other bus stations. Also changed UI to display error message if need be.
- Changed Bus Station text to better describe its new functionality.
- Changed the City Hall and Monument buildings so that only one instance of each is allowed to be built. Also updated UI to display error message if need be.
- Updated City Hall and Monument effect descriptions to reflect singleton changes.
- Added Settings option to toggle on/off a set of buttons that will rotate the in-game view.
- Buffed the Library by making its cost and population requirement to be comparable with the Book Store. (Cost: $10,000, Pop. Need: 10,000).
- Nerfed the Fast-Food Restaurant, Sandwich Shop, and Pizzeria by upping their population need to 5000 from 3000.
- Buffed the Grocery Store by reducing its cost to $20,000 from $40,000.
- Buffed Brewery, Chinese Restaurant, Italian Restaurant, an Mexican Restaurant by reducing their cost to $10,000 from $20,000.
- Nerfed Brewery, Chinese Restaurant, Italian Restaurant, and Mexican Restaurant by reducing their earnings to $80 from $100.
- Buffed the Supercenter by reducing its cost from $200,000 to $100,000.
- Nerfed the Bus Station's effect by reducing its bonus earnings to $5 for each other Bus Station instead of $10.
- Buffed the Bus Station by reducing its cost to $7500 from $10000.
- Fixed Arcade effect description text from "2 spaces away" to "4 spaces away" to reflect the actual effect.
- Fixed an issue where the earnings logo was not being set properly for "pay-reward" buildings in the build menu (i.e., Research Center)
- Fixed text issue where "pay-reward" buildings had effect text that displayed "Unique" twice.
- Fixed a bug where the building "ghost's" rotation would be different than that of the previously placed building when Repositioning a building via the Edit Menu.
- Fixed visual issues with the grid tile so that the red tile mesh does not clip with the road.
- Fixed a bug where the Arcade would always display its bonus symbol even if its effect was not activated.
- Fixed a bug where a building's road direction arrows could be displayed incorrectly if the building was facing a non-existent tile (i.e., off the grid or onto a non-available tile).